Subject: Navigator Server 10.4.2
Prereq: AutoPilot SU33 is required before installing 10.4.2
Note: 10.4.2 is a full release of Navigator that is compatible with Service Update 33 of AutoPilot. This service update introduces changes that are not compatible with existing versions of several Nastel components. Please review the SU33 release notes before continuing.
- WGS_10.4.2.3.pkg -- Workgroup Server 10 Expert
- webapps\navigator.war -- Navigator war files (10.4.2.4)
- webapps\navigator-server.war -- Navigator war files (10.4.2.4)
- webapps\navxwsm.war -- Navigator X Secutiry Manager (10.4.2.1)
- nsqcmems.jar -- Tibco EMS Agent
- nsqcmkafka.jar -- Kafka Agent
- nsqcmace.jar -- IIB/ACE Agent
- nsqcmsolace.jar -- Solace Agent
- nsqcmsolace.properties -- Solace properties
- WGS_REST_10.4.0.pkg -- Workgroup Server 10 REST Prereq Pack
- WGSRP-10.3.0.pkg -- Workgroup Server 10 Resource Pack
Including but unchanged since 10.3.x
- AP_IBMMQ-10.3.0.pkg -- MQ plugin for WorkGroup Server 10
- AP_IBMMQRP-10.3.0.pkg -- MQ plugin for WorkGroup Server 10 Resource Pack
- Including but unchanged since 10.2.x
- webapps\apodwsm.war -- Web Secutiry Manager (10.2.3)
- nsqcmace.properties -- IIB/ACE properties
Including but unchanged since 10.1.x
- nsqcmkafka.properties -- Kafka Agent properties
- nsqcmems.properties -- EMS Agent properties
This package can be used for a new installation or to update an existing installation.
Please see the WGS Expert installation guide for specific steps to proceed.
This version ships a new security manager web application (navxwsm). The package also includes the original web security manager (apodwsm).
Both are compatible with 10.4 and either (or both) can be used. The new one offers significant usage improvements and benefits.
- Stop all Nastel processes (including CEP and Domain Server).
- Back up the %APWMQ_HOME% directory and existing database tables.
- Place Nav_Server_10.4.2.zip in the installation directory (%APWMQ_HOME%).
- Unzip the file.
- Extract contents 'here', under %APWMQ_HOME% replacing existing content.
- Run pkgman to install the latest WGS_10 package.
a) if a new install, install additional packages such as resource packs, scheduler, experts
- Run nsqjdbcmk to upgrade your database tables.
- Copy the war files from the webapps folder to the Tomcat webapps folder.
- Restart Nastel processes.
- Finalize any setup for WGS operation including configuration of WGS, REST API and scheduler.
IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTES:
When upgrading from a version prior to 10.1.x, you will need to review the connection definitions. See the
Installation Guide or this FAQ (https://customers.nastel.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500001339321) for details.
In Summary, 10.1.x and higher move the management of Workgroup server connections from a user task to an administrator task. However, since existing definitions may have various attributes, a first step after
upgrading is for an administrator to review the generated ones (names start GEN_), rename them and clean up any that are not required.
If upgrading to Scheduler 1.11 to a later version and you want to preserve currently scheduled jobs, a manual SQL statement must be run.
Please contact your Support Representative for help with this step.
Nastel Navigator HTML WebGUI 10.4.2.4
See 10.4.2 Highlights for an overview of feature changes.
24180: [Feature] extend custom attributes
24979: [Manager] Enhancement to connection actions for queue manager
25302: [Feature] Generate automatic broadcast message when any WGS is near expiration
25896: [Settings] Change security options from commands to MQSC equivalents
26011: [Feature] Navigator message viewer window resizing options
26502: [Messages] UI issue with the Dead Letter Queue messages having DLH
26508: [Nodes] Navigator Node viewlet schema to include the servers associated WGS
26593: [Feature] Implement Solace commands
26598: [Manager] Attribute edit controls in the properties of queue manager: REVDNS (Reverse DNS Lookup, or Reverse lookup of host name), IPADDRV (IP Address Version), ACTIVREC (Activity Recording), ROUTEREC (Trace Route Recording)
26697: [Feature] Add KSQL kafka object support
26704: [General] IBM MQ queue Attribute filters
26733: [events] The fields Event and Reason must be changed to Reason ID and Reason Qualifier
26866: [Feature] Add ability to view MQ's mqs.ini file
26901: [Feature] Navigator queue and channel status console improvement
various internal bug fixes
Workgroup Server Expert 10.4.2.3
0026563: [Bug] when you disable a user it's still able to log in to navigator
0026591: [Bug] error ORA-12899: value too large for column "BRIDGE_TARGETS" shows up in the wgs log
0026708: [Feature] Add Qmgr Attribute for Total current active channels
0026719: [Feature] Add Solace objects (Clients, Caches, Broker extend, Message VPN extend)
0026756: [Feature] Add Solace objects (Dynamic Message Routing (DMR), Multi-Node Routing (MNR))
REST API 10.4.2.3
0026720: [Feature] Add Solace objects (Clients, Caches, Broker extend, Message VPN extend)
ACE/IIB Administration 10.4.2.2
0026568: [General] Add support to specify host ip address used in properties file
EMS Administration 10.4.2.2
0026571: [General] Add support to specify host ip address used in properties file
0026673: [General] Return connection errors to WGS
Kafka Administration 10.4.2.2
0026569: [General] Add support to specify host ip address used in properties file
0026928: [General] Missing Kafka Consumer Group Feature
Solace Administration 10.4.2.2
0026570: [General] Add support to specify host ip address used in properties file
0026592: [General] Add Solace objects (Clients, Caches, Broker extend, Message VPN extend)
0026755: [Workgroup Server] Add Solace objects (Dynamic Message Routing (DMR), Multi-Node Routing (MNR))
0026889: [General] Enhancement request from customer for implementing Queues/Topic Endpoint subscriptions and replicatedTopic objects