This article contains instructions for creating a remote queue manager.
See the Remote queue manager field descriptions article for descriptions of the fields on the dialogs below.
- From the workgroup server’s pop-up menu, select Create > Remote Queue Managers. The Remote Queue Manager Connections window opens. Hover over a remote queue manager to view its attributes on the right side of the window. You can sort the columns of the remote queue manager table on the left side of the window alphabetically by simply clicking the column headers.
- Click the Add button to add a new remote queue manager connection. (To update or delete existing remote queue managers, select them, and click either the Modify or Delete button.)
- Fill in fields on the General and Communication vertical tabs. See Remote queue manager field descriptions for details.
- To add exit strings, click next to Security Exit Name. This dialog shown below opens. Enter a new exit string and click Add. Click Ok to save changes and continue the creation process.
- On the SSL tab window, populate the fields.
- Click Settings to configure cryptographic hardware settings. Make your selections and click Ok.
- Back on the SSL tab, click Ok to save all changes.