If you are unable to log in to Navigator X Web Security Manager (navxwsm), check the following list to make sure that all prerequisites have been met.
1) You must have installed the 10.4.0.1 REST API package.
2) The WSM REST API listener must be active with Basic Authentication.
Note: If using https for the web server, the rest API also needs to be using https.
3) The user logging in must belong to one of the groups listed on in the authorized REST groups. In the example below, only users in the Administrator group would be authorized.
4) The URL specified on the navxwsm must be correct. Note that the URL is relative to the application server, not the browser. If the application server and the REST endpoint are on the same server, which is typical, then you can use localhost rather than the specific server hostname (or IP).
5) Be sure you are using the same user and password that you use to log in to Navigator, not the Apache-based id used for apodwsm.
6) Try connecting directly to the WSM REST API using a web browser:
- Connect to the WSM REST interface using http://your-server:8019/wsm/v1/api-docs, substituting your WSM REST host.
- Click the Authorize button and log in with the same user as you use for navxwsm. Verify you can log in, then close this dialog.
- Click GET (Show WGS Info).
- Then click Try it out.
- Then click the blue Execute button.
- This should return a valid response similar to the one below. If not, use the error provided to verify that the REST API configuration is correct.