Some of the content described in this article is available in Nastel Navigator versions 10.4 and greater. See 10.4 Highlights for an overview of feature changes.
To create a remote Kafka manager connection:
- Select a workgroup server from the Workgroup Server viewlet.
- From the pop-up menu, select Create > Remote Kafka Managers.
- The Remote Kafka Manager Connections window opens where you can add a new Kafka connection manager. (To update or delete existing remote queue managers, select them, and click either the Modify or Delete button.)
- Click the Add button. The Add Kafka Manager Connection window opens.
- Fill in the information on each tab. Use the Connect tab to set up connections and configure security requirements, if needed.
- You can use the Config tab to establish an SSL connection to the Kafka bootstrap server. See Remote Kafka Manager Connection Config tab: SSL Connections Example for an example.
- The Kafka Schema Registry and the KSQL configurations are specific to Confluent for Kafka. The Kafka Schema Registry can be configured either here in the user interface (on the Schema Registry tab shown below) or through the "schReg" section of the Kafka Remote Managers REST API Create Kafka Remote Manager request. Confluent documentation is available on the Schema Registry for both the Platform and Cloud installations.
Use the KSQL tab to set up connections to KSQL endpoints and configure security requirements, if needed.
Click Add to add a new connection. KSQL connections allow for KSQL viewlets and objects to be created.
- Click Ok when finished.