The global notice feature on the Global Settings window allows administrators to add a custom banner, which is displayed across the top of Nastel Navigator. This banner is used to display important messages to all users (for example, to announce scheduled maintenance). Users can close the message, but it will be displayed again the next time they log in. See the example below.
To add a global notice:
- Click the Edit global settings button located at the bottom of the Settings window.
- Go to the Global Notice tab.
- Enable the Display global notice option.
- Enter the desired message within the Notice text box. The length of the message cannot exceed 4000 characters.
- Click Save Changes. From this point forward, all users will see this message displayed at the top of their screens.