The functionality described in this article is available in Nastel Navigator versions 10.3 and greater.
The Manage Dashboards dialog is a central location for many dashboard-related actions:
- finding out which user views and viewlets are associated with a dashboard
- adding shared or imported dashboards to your current User View
- finding a dashboard that you previously removed from a User View and adding it back
- assigning tags to dashboards to keep them organized
- exporting dashboards, along with their viewlets and tags, into files so that others can import them
From here you can also perform the basic functions of adding, renaming, and deleting dashboards.
Manage Dashboards also provides access to advanced features such as creating, editing, and deleting tags and exporting and importing dashboards.
When you click the name of a dashboard on the left side, its details are displayed. The right side of the dialog shows (from top to bottom) the User Views that contain the selected dashboard (along with the number of dashboards in each one), any tags that have been assigned to the dashboard, and the dashboard’s viewlets.
To preview a dashboard’s details without selecting it, hover over its name in the list.
On the Dashboard Management dialog, you can find dashboards in several ways.
To include shared dashboards in your searches, turn on the Shared Dashboards slider. Dashboards that have been shared include a red shared icon.
Filter the Dashboard List
- Enter all or part of the name of a dashboard, a viewlet, or a User View in the Filter By box.
- The Dashboard Name list is automatically filtered to include only dashboards that match any of these criteria, including partial matches:
- Dashboard name
- Name of a viewlet contained on the dashboard
- Name of a User View that contains the dashboard
Search for Dashboards by Tags
Use the Filter By Tags field to find dashboards that have been assigned certain tags.
- Add one or more tags to the Filter By Tags field by doing one of the following
- Click the Filter By Tags list arrow and select as many tags as you want to include in your search.
- If a tag is visible in the tag box (between the User View and Viewlet boxes on the right side), click and drag it to the Filter By Tags field to add it to the criteria.
Adding Dashboards to the Current View
If you have found a dashboard (for example, a shared dashboard) that you want to add to your current view, select the checkbox for the dashboard in the Dashboard Name list and click . The Dashboard is immediately added to your current User View.
Navigating to Dashboards, User Views, and Viewlets
Open buttons on the Dashboard Management dialog can be used to navigate directly to the corresponding items. For example:
- Click Open next to a User View to open the selected dashboard in the selected User View.
- Click Open next to a Dashboard to open the selected dashboard. If the selected Dashboard is not part of the current User View, it will be added to the User View.
- Click Open next to a Viewlet to open the selected viewlet within the selected dashboard. Again, if the selected Dashboard is not part of the current User View, it will be added to the User View.