The Nastel Navigator Security Manager is where administrators configure user authorizations for Nastel Navigator. These authorizations are used by Nastel Navigator and the workgroup server to determine the rights and privileges for accessing specific features.
You can access Security Manager in two ways:
1. Access the Security Manager URL directly using the addresses below. You can use either version; both look at the same data.
- Original (pre-10.4) version: Go to http://<Workgroup Server IP:port>/apodwsm.
A username and password are required. Contact Nastel Support if you do not have a login.
- Newer 10.4 version: http://<Workgroup Server IP:port>/navxwsm.
Use your Nastel Navigator credentials to log into Security Manager. This version of Security Manager supports basic security only.
2. Click the Security Manager button in Nastel Navigator: . The button will go to the configured Security Manager (original or 10.4 version).
The key attributes of the security model are described below. The help links below apply to the 10.4 version of Security Manager.
- Users/Groups – Users and groups of users as logged into Nastel Navigator, utilities, etc.
Manage Users | Manage Groups
- Roles – A set of specific rights and permissions; that is, what an individual user or members of a user group can “do.”
- Server Group – A set of managers to which a set of security definitions applies.
- Application Group – A set of queue channels to which a set of security definitions applies.
- Audit – Defines audit rules and when Audit entries are created.
- Trust profile – Defines valid access points.