Adding messages to queues is performed on the below window, Add new message to: queue_name.
You get to this window by either:
- clicking on the Put New button from a Message viewlet
- or, selecting Messages > Put New from a queue's pop-up action menu
On the General tab of the Add new message to: queue_name window, enter the following details:
- Number of Messages: Enter the number of messages to put into a queue.
- Message Size (bytes): Displays the size of the message text being entered or created in the Data field.
- If Put Failed: Select the action that should be taken if Put command fails.
- Contains headers: The header(s) in the message. Select MD1, MDE, DLH and/or XQH. Please note that DLH and XQH cannot be selected together.
- File attachment: Enter the path of the file to attach to the message.
- Message template: Not currently used
- Data: Within the Data section, select the message data type (text, hex XML or JSON). Check the Text only checkbox to display the message content as text only. Unchecking Text only will display the message content with offsets which increases the load on the browser and should be used only for small messages. The message encoding type can be changed, select this from the Encoding drop-down.
Enter details on the MD, MD1, MDE, DLH, XQH and PMO tabs as needed. The MD options should be reviewed to ensure they meet your expectations for message type.