Perform the following to join a queue manager to a cluster membership:
- In a queue manager viewlet, select the queue manager by clicking the box immediately to the left of its name. Please note, you can select multiple queue managers. From the pop-up action menu, select Cluster membership > Join … .
- The Choose the action window opens. Select Join the existing cluster option and click Next.
- On the following window, select the queue manager's repository type and click Next. In this example the Partial repository option was selected. Regardless of the option selected, the proceeding windows are the same.
- Select the cluster on the next screen and click Next.
- You will need to specify the cluster-receiver channel on the next screen. The Cluster-receiver channel name field is automatically populated, but you can update it. In the next field, enter the Cluster-receiver channel connection name for the queue manager. The channel connection name must be in the following format: Host_or_IP_of_Queue_Manager(Listener_Port). For example: 192.168.2.50(5560)
NOTE: For more information on channel connection names, refer to the IBM Knowledge Center..
- Select the repository queue manager on the next screen and click Next.
- Review the summary on the final screen. If updates are needed click the Back button, otherwise click Finish to join the cluster.