When you export a queue's messages, the files generated are in a default layout format. You can change this format by performing the following steps:
- Click on the User Settings button located at the top right of your screen.
- The Settings window opens. Go to the Save Messages tab.
- Customize the following export file options:
- File Creation: Select if you would like messages saved to a single file or separate files.
- Message Headers: Select either Leave All, Strip All or Strip MD. Please note that the Strip MD setting will strip message descriptors.
- Message Data: Select either Full Data to save entire messages or Selected Data to only save a specified amount. The amount to save is specified within the Data Size field.
- Data Offset: Enter the starting point of the data.
- Data Size: This setting is only required when Selected Data is specified for the Message Data setting. Enter the desired message size to be saved.
- Message Selection: Select whether you would like the message selection to be by position or identity. By Identity uses Message ID, Correlation ID, Put Date and Put Time. The disadvantage of using By Identity is that many messages could have the same message identity. Use the By Position option if there are multiple messages with identical message identities. The disadvantage of using this method is that the message position can change within a queue.
- Message Delimiter: Select desired message delimiter for the saved messages. Please note Ft represents the Form Feed delimiter.
TIP: To undo the updates and revert back to the default settings, click the Restore Default button.
- When finished updating, click Save Changes. From this point forward, when you export messages to files, the format used will be this new configuration.