See the below sections for information on how to import or export remote EMS servers (nsqcmems.jar) in bulk using the nsqmigr utility.
Export (get) remote EMS servers
Perform the following to bulk export remote EMS servers:
- Run a command similar to the following to create a .info containing a list of all remote EMS servers. Please note that the -E parameter must be uppercase.
nsqmigr -g -E -f<filename>.infoTIP: For a full list of commands, enter the command:
The following command will generate the file, remote_ems.info, and will write all remote EMS servers from the workgroup server database to it. The file will be created in C:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups\remote_ems.info.
C:\nastel\apwmq\bin>nsqmigr -g -E -fC:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups\remote_ems.info
- The .info file is now created. The default export directory is [APWMQ_HOME]/config/groups, but can be overwritten by using the -O parameter.
All remote EMS servers and their associated fields will be written to the .info file created. The fields are as follows:
The following is an example of a .info file.
Import (put) remote EMS servers
Perform the following to bulk import remote EMS servers:
- You will need to create a .info file to define each remote EMS server being imported. To create this file, either:
- manually create this file to define each remote EMS server being imported. Add the fields listed in the Exported fields section above for each remote EMS server. See Example file above for a sample; or
- follow the steps in the Export (get) remote EMS servers section above to export the remote EMS servers. Update the file accordingly.
- Place the file in:
- Run a command similar to the following to import the file. Please note that the -E parameter must be uppercase.
nsqmigr -p -E -f<filename>.infoExample:
The following command will import the remote EMS servers from the remote_ems.info file located in C:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups.
C:\nastel\apwmq\bin>nsqmigr -p -E -fC:\nastel\apwmq\config\groups\remote_ems.info
- The remote EMS servers are now imported in to the WGS database. The info file is automatically backed up in [APWMQ_HOME]/config/groups/workgroup/history and is not deleted.