Easily search all of your queues and systems for a specific message. You can find messages containing specific data and header informational, limiting the number of messages returned.
Please see Finding specific messages of interest for a quick video overview, as well as other methods of locating messages.
Step 1: Create message search criteria configurations
To find messages containing specific data, a message criteria configuration will need to be used. These are configurations created by you to filter messages. Please see Message criteria configurations for more information and instructions on how to create new configurations.
Step 2: Set filter specifications
- Click the down arrow located at the top right of the queue manager viewlet and select Edit viewlet from the pop-up menu.
- The Edit Queue * viewlet window opens.
- Enable the Find messages checkbox.
- Click the ellipses button next to the Search Criteria field.
- The Message Criteria window opens. In it, you can select a search criteria configuration (created in Step 1 above). Select a configuration to use and click Ok.
- You are now back on the Edit Queue * viewlet window. If desired, enter an amount within the Search depth field to search for a specific message depth amount. To turn off the data message filter, but still filter by message depth, simply click the X to the right of the Search Criteria field. To completely disable message filtering, clear the Find messages checkbox.
- Click Apply changes.
The viewlet will now display only queues containing messages that satisfy the filter options specified. Click a queue to view the found message(s) within the Console panel. From the Console panel, you can click a message to view its details.