Your queues handle thousands of messages. To make managing messages easier, you can apply message criteria configurations to filter which messages appear in viewlets across your entire Nastel Navigator system.
Message criteria configurations are created by you. When a message criteria configuration is applied, all message actions (browsing, copying, moving, re-routing and deleting messages) will be performed only for the messages which satisfy the selected message criteria's configurations.
See below sections for instructions on how to create and apply message criteria configurations to filter your messages.
Creating message criteria configurations
Multiple message criteria configurations can be created. Perform the following to create a message criteria:
- Open the Settings window by clicking the Settings button located in the toolbar at the top right of the screen.
- On the Message Commands tab, click the Configure button within the Message Criteria Settings section at the top of the window.
- The Message Criteria window opens. If there are existing message criteria configurations, they will appear below the name header, for example, Test and Count are configurations in the screenshot below.
- Click the New button to add a new message criteria configuration. When clicked, a new blank row appears in the list. Double click the row to enter a name for the configuration. In the example below, Last Month was entered.
- Use the buttons located on the top right to specify filter configurations. Be sure that the new configuration is selected (the row will appear dark grey) before clicking the buttons. You can specify filters for message descriptor, message descriptor extension, dead letter queue header and transmission queue header properties. You can also specify message data criteria.
- Click Save.
Utilizing message criteria configurations
To apply message criteria, simply select the desired configuration from the Message Criteria drop-down. After the configuration is selected, click Save Changes. From this point forward, all message actions (browsing, copying, moving, re-routing and deleting messages) will be performed only for the messages which satisfy the selected message criteria's configurations.
Remove message criteria: To not apply a message criteria, select the blank row from the Message Criteria drop-down. All message filtering is now removed.