Licenses are configured with an expiration date; Nastel XRay will no longer start after your license expires. See the steps below on how to retrieve and install a new license.
Step 1: Obtain your license
Refer to the article, My license is expiring, how do I get a new one?, for information on how to get a new license.
You can open your license file to view the parameters, but do not update it as this will invalidate the license.
Step 2: Install your license
- The name of your new license file will be XRay_xyz.lic, where xyz represents the organization name. Create a backup of this file for safe keeping.
- Confirm that ZooKeeper and Solr are running.
- Start the Solr cluster.
- Load the license by running the following commands. The first command changes the directory and the second command loads the license. Be sure to change <path_to_lic-file> (include path and file name), <solr-url> and <pwd> accordingly.
>cd $APIN_HOME/misc/jkool-dbapi/currentThe following is an example:
>bin/jkool-cmd.sh -loadlic -f:<path_to_lic-file> –C:<solr-url> -U:jKoolAdmin -P:<pwd>
>bin/jkool-cmd.sh -loadlic -f:$APIN_HOME/misc/jkooldbapi/current/scripts/<newlicense.lic> -C:http://localhost:8983 -U:jKoolAdmin -P:admin
Step 3: Confirm that your license was properly installed
Confirm that your license was properly installed by viewing the license's parameters. Perform the following:
- Within Nastel XRay, run the following jKQL query:
jKQL> get license
- Your license's parameters will display if the license file was successfully installed. The results should be similar to the below screenshot. Use the scroll bars to view all fields.