Nastel XRay viewlets can easily be shared as a URL or embedded on to a web page. The URLs are public, so there is no need for viewers to log into Nastel XRay. This feature is useful for viewlets you will need quick, frequent access to; simply bookmark the URLs for easy access.
How to share a viewlet
- After saving a viewlet, select Share Viewlet from the viewlet’s menu. Please note, this option will only be available after a viewlet is saved.
- The Share Viewlet window opens. A preview of the viewlet displays on the left side of the menu (see "2" in the figure immediately below). Click the Refresh icon to refresh the viewlet if needed.
- The code to embed the viewlet in a webpage appears in the Embed Viewlet section on the right side of the window (see "3" in the figure immediately below). Copy this link manually or click Copy to Clipboard. Before copying, you can enter dimensions within the Width and Height fields to specify the size of the viewlet.
To simply open the viewlet in an internet browser, copy the link appearing within the double quotation marks and paste into the browser’s address bar.
- The final step to enable this feature is to click the Share button (see "4" in the figure immediately below).
- After sharing a viewlet, you will notice that the Shared Viewlet button appears on the viewlet’s toolbar.
Click this button to reopen the Share Viewlet window where you can copy the share code, update the viewlet's dimensions or stop sharing the viewlet. You can also see the viewlet's shared status, signified by a check mark within the Viewlet Shared checkbox.
How to stop sharing a viewlet
Click the Shared Viewlet button to open the Share Viewlet screen. Click the Stop Sharing button.
From this point forward, if a user attempts to view the embedded viewlet they will see the message, Embedded viewlet is not available.