Sets are configurations used to group repository data. The system uses sets to determine how data is displayed in event and activity viewlets. Sets can be created manually or imported with a .csv file.
Skip ahead to:
Create a set
To create a set, click the Create button. The Create a group wizard appears. Select an option on the left side of the window to specify how the data should be grouped.
On the right side of the screen, select the type of data the group will be based on. More than one option can be selected, but please note that both Activity and Event cannot be selected at the same time.
Click Next. Advanced settings are specified on the next screen. Specify the following:
- Name: Enter a name for the set. It must be at least 3 characters long (required).
- Scope: Select either Singular or Related from the drop-down menu.
- Criteria: Enter a criteria value.
- Set Sequence: Enter the set sequence. These should be quoted values separated by commas. For example, if Related was selected for Scope, ‘set1:set2’,’set2:set3’ means set1 is first, set2 is next and set3 is last.
- Objectives: Add objectives in this section. On the right side of the screen, click the blue add icon . Enter the objective name and value, for example, ElapsedTime > 1 minute. To remove an objective, click the blue minus icon.
Within the Console panel the details of your new set will display.
Edit a set
Click the Edit button on the Sets menu window to edit an existing set.
Select a set from the list and click Edit.
On the Edit a group window update all desired fields. Please note that the name of a set cannot be updated.
Click Save when finished.
Delete a set
Click the Delete button on the Sets window to delete a set.
The Delete sets window will open and display all existing sets. Use the Search here field at the top of the window to quickly search for sets by name. Select the sets to remove from the system and click Delete.
The following dialog box will appear after the sets are successfully deleted.
Import / Export a set
To import sets, go to the Import tab of the Sets dialog box. Click Choose File to specify the import file or drag and drop your file.
To change the file, click the Change button or drag a new file. Click Import to start the import process. Once the import is finished, a confirmation message will appear.
Go to the Export tab of the Sets dialog box to export a set. A list of existing sets (imported or created) will appear. Select all desired sets or check the Select All check box immediately to the left of the Name header. Click Export to download the files.