Import your data with an easy-to-use wizard.
The following file formats are supported to import data:
- .XLS, .XLSX
- Apache log
- Custom (with configuration)
1. There are two ways to get to the import wizard. Either go to the Landing Page and select Analyze Your Data or click the green Import Data button at the top right of your dashboard.
2. Select your file format on the left side of the screen.
3. Click Choose File to select the import file.
4. Analyze the preview. If your file does not look correct, click Advanced to change processing options.
5. The following advanced processing options are available. Make desired updates and click Next.
- First row as header: Specify if the first row is a header row.
- File encoding: Select encoding type.
- Column separator: From the drop-down menu select the column delimiter: comma, semicolon or tab.
- Decimal character: Specify the decimal number delimiter: period or comma.
6. Additional processing options are available on this screen. You can:
- Change the name of column headers. Select from the drop-down list or type over the existing header name.
- Map imported data to an existing field within the Nastel XRay data model. Alternatively, select new property to import custom data.
- Remove a column
7. The fields on the following screen are optional. Populate them to make the data more detailed.
8. Click Start to import the prepared file.
Viewing the Imported Data
To view all data previously imported, go to Main Menu > Import / Export > Data. The Manage Imported Data dialog box opens which lists all data files that have been imported into the system. Perform the following to select a file and generate a dashboard to view the imported data.
1. Select a file from the list of imported files and click Open to start the Wizard. The Wizard will alter the data, import it into a dashboard and create new viewlets.
2. New viewlets are automatically created. By default, all viewlets are selected. Deselect the viewlets you do not want to add to your dashboard. Click Next.
3. Select an existing dashboard or create a new one by giving your dashboard a name and selecting the number of columns in the layout. Click Finish to publish your viewlets.