There are two methods to create viewlets:
- Writing a jKQL query
- Specifying configurations in a form
To create a viewlet, click the blue Viewlet button or go to Main Menu > Viewlet > Create.
Create / Open Viewlet dialog box
Create a temporary viewlet
To create a Temporary Viewlet click the + button immediately to the right of the Console tab
Enter a query in the jKQL query line to generate your desired viewlet.
1. After clicking the blue Viewlet button , select Create Viewlet with jKQL on the Create/Open Viewlet dialog box.
2. In this example, the query Get Log is entered. As you type, suggestions are provided in a drop-down list.
3. Enter a name for your viewlet. In this example, My First Query was entered.
4. Click Create. Your first viewlet is added to the dashboard.
1. Select Create Viewlet with a Form on the Create/Open Viewlet dialog box.
2. The form options open. Specify the form options for the new viewlet. Associated required fields for a specific viewlet type are signified with a red box.
3. After all specifications have been made, click Preview to view the viewlet before saving. To cancel and discard changes, click Close. When finished, click Create.
While creating a viewlet with a Form, specify the following options:
- Viewlet Name: Specify a name for the viewlet.
- Data Type: Select Historical or Real-Time, specify all associated options.
- Fields: Depending on the chart type, the Count option is required for certain viewlets. Associated required fields will be signified with a red box.
- Group By: Select an option from the drop-down menu to use as the criteria to group data. Items with numerical elements will have a bucket option which allows you to specify how data should be grouped. Enable this option and select the type of bucketing.
- Filters: Multiple variables can be used to filter viewlets. Click the Add button to add a filter. The operators available depend on the filter selected. After selecting the filter and operator, populate the Value field.
Click the blue Create Variable button to create or modify variables.
- Viewlet Type: Select viewlet type.
- Viewlet Settings: Modify viewlet options. Please not that not all viewlets will have this section. Select the X and Y axes values and the Collated by option (available for column, bar, line, stack and area charts). Enable the Show option within the Legend section to display the chart definitions.
After all specifications have been made, click Preview to view the viewlet before saving. To cancel and discard changes, click Close. When finished, click Create.