You can add a viewlet to your dashboard by writing a jKQL query or entering the viewlet's specifications in a form. Please note, if a user has the Suppress jKQL query interface option enabled, they will only have permissions to create viewlets using the form method.
Click the blue Viewlet button (or depending on your permissions, the Viewlet Form button ). You can also click on the Main Menu button and select Viewlet > Create.
The Create/Open Viewlet dialog box opens. You are given the option to create a viewlet with jKQL or a form. See the below sections for instructions on how to do each. You can also open an existing viewlet from this window.
Create a viewlet with jKQL
Perform the following steps to create a viewlet by writing a jKQL query:
- Select Create Viewlet with jKQL on the Create/Open Viewlet dialog box and click Create.
- The Create Viewlet window opens. In the Define Query field, start typing the query. As you type, suggestions are provided in a drop-down list. In the below example the query, Get Log, is entered.
- Enter a name for your viewlet. In this example, My First Query was entered.
- Click Create. Your viewlet is added to the dashboard:
Create a viewlet with a form
Perform the following steps to create a viewlet using the form.
- Select Create Viewlet with a Form on the Create/Open Viewlet dialog box.
- The form opens. Specify the configurations for the new viewlet. Required fields are signified with a red box as seen in the below image.
Configure the following options:
- Viewlet Name: Specify a name for the viewlet.
- Data Type: Select Historical or Real-Time, specify all associated options.
- Fields: Depending on the chart type, the Count option is required for certain viewlets. Associated required fields will be signified with a red box.
- Group By: Select an option from the drop-down menu to use as the criteria to group data. Items with numerical elements will have a bucket option which allows you to specify how data should be grouped. Enable this option and select the type of bucketing.
- Filters: Multiple variables can be used to filter viewlets. Click the Add button to add a filter. The operators available depend on the filter selected. After selecting the filter and operator, populate the Value field.
Click the Create Variable button to create or modify variables.
- Viewlet Type: Select viewlet type.
- Viewlet Settings: Modify viewlet options. Please note that not all viewlets will have this section. Select the X and Y axes values and the Collated by option (available for column, bar, line, stack and area charts). Enable the Show option within the Legend section to display the chart definitions.
- After all specifications have been made, click the Preview button to view the viewlet before saving. To cancel and discard changes, click Close. When finished, click Create and your viewlet will be added to your dashboard.